Whoever uses their PC for extended sessions and aren’t afraid of advanced settings will probably find this software program to be very efficient. This application will allow you to write macro commands to shorten execution time for repetitive tasks. If you find yourself using Excel’s macro commands, and if you’ve probed Word’s advanced interface and set common typos auto-correction, take it up a notch and control the entire operating system using simple macro commands.
AutoHotkey is a free, open source application which assists in automating your PC by using hotkeys and mouse clicks. Using AutoHotkey, you’ll be able to write your own macro commands or use the built in macro command recorder. You can even set hotkeys for your keyboard, mouse, joystick and several hand held remote controls. Almost any key or key combination can turn into a hotkey. You’ll also be able to set abbreviations that will automatically expand upon typing. For instance, typing ‘EB’ can automatically turn into ‘Everybody’. In addition, you’ll be able to create customized applications and menu bars.
– Remapping keys
– Adjusting soundcard settings
– Use of joystick or keyboard as a mouse replacement
– Setting windows as transparent, always on top or to assume different shapes
– Retrieve items from clipboard or otherwise change clipboard’s contents
– Adjusting menus and customizing them
– Converting scripts into EXE files which can be run on any PC